Saturday, April 16, 2011

Final Week

This last week came and went very quickly. My students were all very kind and expressed their feelings about me leaving very nicely with gifts like cards, candy, and some tears. We have had a great time working together and I am going to miss my Argentine very much. The final week was a comprised of an exam about the story that we have been working with over the last couple weeks, and a project about a famous person of the students’ choosing. A few weeks ago we studied some famous people in the students’ textbook and we played a quiz show game that they enjoyed a lot. The quiz show game was a team game during which the class was divided into two teams and each team selected one representative to face off and answer a question. They enjoyed this game so much, and wanted to play again so badly, I decided to incorporate it into our farewell party. The students completed their projects first period on Friday and then they presented their projects about their famous person to the class during second period. I took notes on the presentations and created some additional questions based on the information given to use in our quiz game later that day. For our final farewell party at the end of the day I brought some cookies for the class and we had a snack as we began to play the game. The students had a great time playing the quiz game and it was a good opportunity to stay on task while we enjoyed our last period together. Incorporating the questions about their presentations was a fun way to get them interested in their classmates' projects as well as reinforcing the themes discussed in the presentations. The headmasters came in briefly to say goodbye and also to give me some nice going away presents. They gave me the pin that all of the teachers at the school are required to wear of the school’s coat of arms, a school flag, and coffee mug as well. These gestures were appreciated very much by me and will help me to always remember my time at Saint Charles College.
I am looking forward to getting home to my dog Blue, but will also miss all of my new friends here in Buenos Aires. When I get back I will spend some time uploading the things that I have collected such as pictures and videos to share with all blog readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment