Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3-22 Cunningham's

We were invited to attend an evening class for adult English learners which we attended this evening. The students were between the ages of 20 and 37 years old and all were eager to practice their English with us. The occupations of these learners included university students, small business owners, fashion designers, and cosmetologists. We split the group into two smaller teams and Stephanie and I took time getting to know each team. We shared interests and also received some much appreciated insight about some must see nuances of Buenos Aires. We helped the teacher to present her activity that she had planned for the evening which included translating some “slang” phrases; this was a fun way to generate more conversation amongst us and allowed me to pick up some new Spanish phrases that were not covered in other conversational courses I have participated in. Our attendance was welcomed very genuinely along with being invited to attend future classes Tuesday and Thursdays (as well as an advanced section on Mondays and Wednesdays), these are invitations I plan on accepting humbly. Tonight I made some new friends and also enjoyed an opportunity to improve my Spanish speaking. It was a pleasure to attend class and I am looking forward to meeting the other group.

No comments:

Post a Comment